We're approaching professional learning a bit differently in Innovation & Learning Technology (ILT). We want to help you harness what students and teachers are doing across the CBE and beyond, and collaborate together on the professional learning topics that are most important to you.
We're taking a networked approach because we know it works. We don't have all the answers, so we discover them while learning and problem-solving together. The problems, questions, solutions, and innovations that you bring will be the basis upon which we facilitate and plan professional learning opportunities with and for you.
What: Create Your EdTech Network - Kick-off Webinar
When: Thurs, Feb 20, 2014 from 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Where: Online in our Blackboard Collaborate session - click here when it's time to join!
Resources: Webinar link & Google Doc that we'll use live
Audience: All educators.
What we'll cover:
- Exploring how formal and informal networks shape our professional learning networks (PLN). How do you use your existing networks to support your learning? What have you learned from your networks?
- Time to discuss your questions and inquiries around educational technology. What questions, wonderings, experiments, challenges, and ideas do you have around leveraging educational technology for learning?
- Getting you set-up with the social media of your choice, such as Twitter, our blog, and Google+ to enhance and build upon our synchronous, digital, and face to face learning together. What type(s) of social media would you like to try in order to extend, delve deeply, and stay connected to your colleagues and professional learning communities?
Don't worry if you're unable to join us! We'll post a recording afterwards. You can attend either or both events. Everyone is invited!
What: Connect in 3-D With Your EdTech PLN! - Face to Face SessionWhen: Tues, Feb 25, 2014 from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Where: Career & Technology Centre 2336 53 Ave SW
Resources: Check back soon for a link to our session resources in CORE
Audience: All educators. Register now.
What we'll cover:
- Time to connect with your colleagues and work on your questions, wonderings, experiments, challenges, and ideas around leveraging educational technology for learning
- Exploration and discussion of your next steps. How can ILT support your work? What questions do you have for the networks?
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @cbeilt
See you online and in person!