Wow! What a fantastic year of learning, connecting and sharing! It has been inspiring to be a part of the ever-growing networks of educators who so graciously share, so openly welcome, and so actively learn together.
If you are interested in professional learning over the summer, CORE is a hub for a wide range of resources and can be accessed anywhere, anytime including on your deck and at your cabin! Below are some areas to get you started.
From all of us on the CBE ILT team we wish you a relaxing and rejuvenating summer vacation. We look forward to the 2014-2015 school year and continuing our learning journey together!
Google Apps for Ed (GAFE)
- Google Apps for Ed: Getting Started (educator created resource)
- Google Apps Workflow Resources: Support in using Google Apps for Education on mobile devices
- Import Google Groups Users: Step by step instructions on how to retrieve student gmail addresses by group from SIRS and import into Google Groups for easy set up
- For more Google Apps for Education resources, including webinar recordings, search “GAFE” in CORE
- Using D2L Competencies and Grade Schemes for Outcomes Based Assessment: A collection of resources supporting K-9 Assessments Framework indicators
- Video tutorials on D2L With Paper Guides (educator created resource)
- Setting Notification for News Feeds from D2L: D2L will send a notice to email or smart phone each time a news item is added
- For more, search "D2L" in CORE
- Area III Learning Commons Blog: Area III schools share their learning commons journey (educator created resource)
- Learning Commons Journey at Cranston School (educator created resource)
- Transforming Your Library: Building Community Through Making with Sue Considine (webinar)
- For more, search "Learning Commons" in CORE
- Learn all about CORE including how to use CORE, how to contribute resources, and more:
- Access the [Guide to CORE] from the left navigation bar in CORE and select the [Getting Started] section for a wide range of resources (print and video)
Other Professional Learning Resources
- Search “Professional Learning” in CORE for a wide range of PL resources
- Narrow your CORE Power Search by selecting [Professional Learning] when searching a specific topic
- Search “PLN” in CORE for professional learning network resources
Stay Connected, The Choice is Yours
on behalf of the ILT team