Professional Learning | Innovative & Learning Technology
Making Makers | Information Webinar and Professional Learning Series
Who | Teachers who want to learn more about maker education and design thinking
Webinar: Thursday, November 13, 4:30 - 5:30pm
Face to Face (1st meeting): Thursday, November 20th, 4:30 - 6:30pm
Face to Face: Future of Learning Lab, Education Centre, 1221-8 Street SW
Maker Education is an approach to learning where kids use their hands to activate their brains to solve problems and design solutions. This webinar will:
· Give some background and information about maker education and design thinking
· Provide an overview on the series of professional learning events where you will experience design thinking to create a learning task for your students around the ideas of maker education and/or design thinking.
· Details of future face to face meetings will be discussed.
RSVP | Please register for these events.
Face to Face: Register
Details for Face to Face |
Eat | Light refreshments will be served.
Parking | There is some free and paid 2 hour parking on the streets around the Education Centre. There is also a paid parkade under the Education Centre, accessible from 12th Avenue SW. (see map below)
Who | Teachers who are using robotics in their work - core, options, or extracurricular. Teachers of all grades are welcome.
When | Wednesday, November 12, 4:30 - 6:00
Where | Future of Learning Lab, Education Centre
1221 - 8 Street, SW
Are you teaching with robotics? Do you want to connect with others who do too? The Robotics Roundup will bring together robotics teachers to share ideas and ponder questions together. This professional learning event will be structured much like an EdCamp: We will ask questions, and you can identify areas you feel comfortable speaking to, and we will work through these problems of practice together.
When you leave, you will have:
· Some questions answered
· Some ideas for teaching with robotics
· A network of colleagues to move forward with
· Anything you want to share - task design, assessment tools, project ideas, your robots (if you want), resources you have found valuable.
· Your questions
Eat | Light refreshments will be served
RSVP | Register
Even if you can’t make it to this event, we would love for you to e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can connect you to the network.
Parking | There is some free and paid 2 hour parking on the streets around the Education Centre. There is also a paid parkade under the Education Centre, accessible from 12th Avenue SW.